Monday 15 November 2010

Tribute to the master

I am planning another trip to New York, this time for spring, and was excited to hear about the upcoming exhibition in the MET museum. The Costume Institute of The Metropolitan Museum of Art will honor the memory and vision of the extraordinary talent  Alexander McQueen through a retrospective exhibit opening May 4th 2011. If you read my blog regulary, you probably know that I'm a big fan of his work, and was shocked and deeply saddend by his unexpected suicide earlier this year. I can't wait to see this 100-piece exhibit, that is promising the show the best of his career, starting at Givenchy, his own  label, and pieces from a show that were revealed after his death (read more about it here). Of course you can expect a review from me after I've seen it. For now I'm bringing you a few pics of famous pieces created by the creative genius.
Have a stylish day.



The famous Armadillo shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment